Thursday 30 April 2009

Maybe, just maybe.

Tonight's match with August Scousers is crucial for our club's cup standing. If we win tonight's knockout match, we advance to the semis and if we lose, it's over for the Congressional Cup. Aside from the Congressional Cup that happens every 2 years, we also are playing on Sunday for the Villager League, the one and only football league in our turf, that is. No promotions, no relegations, just us all the way. :)) 

I might not be sleeping at home tonight because there's some excursion I have to attend to tomorrow. But then again, I can't miss the match. Seriously, I'd rather miss the excursion with some cousins and friends than not be able to play in the cup. IT'S A KNOCKOUT ROUND! You lose once, you're out of the cup, kicked out. Wait for 2 years to be able to join again. And you're lucky if your club is qualified to join the cup. Only 35 clubs from 3 leagues, 1 being the Villagers League (Congressional Village I), the other 2 being the Bahay Toro Football League (Brgy. Bahay Toro)  and The Churchill Association League (Churchill Mansions) but still, if its the Congressional Cup, everyone put their best game faces on. So it's harder to get qualified. It's like England's FA!

All the same, I am glad that we have a football league of our own. Most places only have basketball leagues and that really saddens me. So I am ever thankful that football fanatics like us have the chance to play the game we love here in our turf. From the July Red Devils and from the rest of the clubs from the Villager League, we continue to thanks the Congressional Cup for keeping us together. Sounds biase that the cup is named after us but the commisioners are from different leagues, too so no problem about that. HAHA

I'm looking forward for Christmas when the Yuletide Cup is held. More people watch and support the game after the Simbang Gabi. More yayers, nayers and chants all the way, definitely more intense. 

I can't wait to visit England again and be able to watch the Premiership. I've only watched it twice, Man Utd vs Spurs and Arsenal vs Man Utd. Cause if you're not a MANC, you're a WANK!

I'd die and resurrect for Football!

:D

No comments: