Wednesday 29 April 2009

Wednesday's Korfball Fixture, Preliminaries in Rizal Course

Last Tuesday fixture's was traumatic, at least for our team! We lost 7-nil against the yellow team. Same story happened last Friday, we lost. We thought Tuesday would be payback time but no! HAHA 

So yesterday, we had to win the game against the red team. Both teams had a hard time scoring but eventually, our team, the blue team, stood out! And of course, I scored the winning shot, thanks to the support of Carter and Marco, who went there to watch my game. I had several attempts, and only one got into the korf. HAHA Luckily, my defender wasn't as tight as the others, I was able to out run her and eventually scored! 

So I extended my hands sidewards and run across the court. My team was chanting my name, they were extending their hands for a high-five. It was surreal because it wasn't easy scoring in a game. More like a football for us, small scoring games. Nevertheless, the yellow team always have higher scores because their attackers do the basketball shot which definitely wrong but the referee, which also happens to be our professor in Korfball, doesn't see it all the time. 

After the fixture, I went straight to St. Raymund's building. I haven't even reviewed for our preliminaries but it's okay. The surrealness of the fixture was still in me. The preliminaries went good. I finished early, I met up with friends. Hanged out until 8 PM at the Quadri. Carter and Marco hitched. It was good.

Today we have another fixture at 1 PM. Hoping it will be as great as tomorrow. Looking for more scores and more fun!